The magical Sea of Cortez is waiting for us! You can experience Gray whales, Humpback whales, Tropical whale, Finback whales, Orcas, Sperm whales, Pilot whales, Common dolphins and Bottlenose dolphins, Skates, Sea lions, several seabirds and most probably Blue whales – the biggest mammals on earth in a fascinating surrounding. This is, what you can expect on this marvellously journey “Magic Sea of Cortez“!
Interested? Then this offer could be the right thing for you! This journey is a unique and „Once-in-a-lifetime“- adventure.
We spend eight intensive days in the Sea of Cortez in Mexico. On board we will have an experienced captain and a restaurant – cook, who will spoil us with delicious (mostly vegetarian) food.
We will spend nine nights on board of a catamaran, searching for the special moments, when those precious mammals will arise from the depths of the ocean.
This journey is for true whale- and dolphin-enthusiasts, as it could happen that we start in the early morning at 6.00h, because we have heard a blow or that we follow the flighty traces of the marine mammals far into the night…
At the end of the journey you might choose some optional booking offers. One will be visiting the Gray whales at one of the Pacific lagoons or, starting in La Paz, you could meet the biggest fish on this planet – the Whale sharks.
Price per person:
11. – 22. February, 2018
3599,– € per person
Minimum of 6 people (1st of Oct., 2017)
Susanne S. Braack
The price includes:
- Accommodation and food (mostly vegetarian) on the catamaran – nine nights
- harbour tax and national park fees
- Lectures about dolphins and whales
- 2 nights in a simple Mexican Hotel in La Paz incl. breakfast
The price does not include:
- International flights to Los Angeles or Mexico City
- Connecting flights to La Paz or San Jose de Cabos
- Atmosfair – carbon offset
- Emission for you flight: ca. 6520kg CO2 per person
- Amount to compensate the CO2 emission via atmosfair is 151€
Optional booking offers:
- Gray whale Camp for 3 nights, San Ignacio Bay (full board, transfers, boat-trips, kayak rental)
- Whaleshark Tour
- Optional overnight stays in La Paz
- Travel cancellation insurance (highly recommended)
- Overnight stay in Los Angeles (It could help your body to adjust itself to the time zone)
- We are happy to book a hotel for you in Los Angeles not far from the airport and friendly staff