Dolphins, Whales and the ocean! Marine biologist Volker Boehlke is an ambassador of the oceans. In an exciting and interesting way he introduces you to the world of the oceans and thus you get a light and diverting but deep insight in a complex ecosystem.
The Oceanic Week Intensive includes four Whale Watching excursions, which last 3-4 hours and start at different times of the day, including one sunset- and one sunrise-trip.
During three information evenings and one excursion to the tide pools you will experience more about the ecosystem of the coast and the underwater world of the Canary Islands as well as the fascinating marine mammals.
The full day island excursion will give you an impression of La Gomera’s beautiful and versatile landscape. Of course we will visit the laurel forest in the Garajonay National Park, delight for the grand views over some of the steep barrancos, eat some typical Gomerian food and get to know the traditional whistle tongue “El Silbo”.
NEW! The Oceanic Week Intensive Advanced. Dive deeper e.g. into the world of plankton which is full of surprises! This week is for those who like to get an even deeper insight. For all who attended the Oceanic Week Intensive already and all the others who are interested! Everybody is welcome.
Single room supplement: 175 €
The price includes:
- 7 night in double bedroom apartment with cooking area or kitchen, balcony, bathroom/toilet
- 4 Whale Watching boat trips per week (3-4hrs each) with hydrophone and underwater camera
- A one-day guided tour on the island with typical Gomera food
- An excursion to the tide pools
- Three information nights to the topics marine mammals, underwater world and ecosystem of the coast
- Snorkel excursion
- One dinner together with the group
- Various services like renting out snorkel equipment, books, beach toys for the kids, free filtered drinking water etc.
- Organisation in advance and English spoken guidance through marine biologist throughout the Oceanic Week
Not included in the price:
- Flights to/from Tenerife South
- Arrival/Departure transfers (Bus/Taxi/Ferry) to/from Valle Gran Rey/La Gomera
- Atomsfair – emission offset
- Emission for you flight: ca. 1740kg CO2 per person
- Amount to compensate the CO2 emission via atmosfair is 41€